I came across a weird problem today when searching for emails in Outlook Web App, the following error was returned:
The action couldn't be completed. Please try again.
In the server event logs, the MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store service generated Event ID 9842
Log Name: Application
I looked into this issue online, and saw two blog posts which both indicate to run setup /PrepareAD again on the Exchange server:
In my environment I restarted the following services in this order:
The action couldn't be completed. Please try again.
In the server event logs, the MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store service generated Event ID 9842
Log Name: Application
Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store
Date: 4/03/2014 6:14:39 PM
Event ID: 9842
Task Category: Content Indexing
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Server01.at.local
Description:
Function CISearch::EcGetRowsetAndAccessor detected that content indexing was disabled for database 'Mailbox Database 0742665828' because of error '0x80041820' from MSSearch.
I looked into this issue online, and saw two blog posts which both indicate to run setup /PrepareAD again on the Exchange server:
- http://terenceluk.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/searching-in-exchange-server-2010-owa.html
- http://www.tomlecluse.be/blog/20130705/searching-exchange-server-2010-owa-returns-action-couldnt-be-completed-please-try
In my environment I restarted the following services in this order:
- Microsoft Exchange Search Indexer
- Microsoft Search (Exchange)
- Microsoft Exchange Information Store
0 Response to "OWA Search - The action couldn't be completed. Please try again."
Post a Comment